This has been greatly simplified by changes to Fldigi, at least from version 4.1.19 onward.
This will work with almost every DRA interface. Disable the built in VOX for this to work on units with VOX (DRA 30-36 do not have VOX). I’m assuming you already have attached your DRA device to your computer and radio.
- Open Fldig software, then click from the drop down menu on the main display:
- Configure / Config Dialog / Soundcard / Devices
- Set the Capture and Playback to the appropriate USB PnP Sound Devices
In the Config Dialog click on Rig Control / C-Media PTT
- Check Use C-Media PTT
- Pick the correct C-Media device
- The GPIO line most likely is GPIO-3
- Click Select
- The TEST button will key the rig multiple using the DRA PTT. The DRA red light should flash and your rig should key accordingly. Be sure it is on an available frequency.
Be sure to click on save before you exit the program or you may have to set it up again! That’s it! If I missed a step. Please let me know